About Rotherham Family History Society
Registered Charity Number 1113670
Rotherham Family History Society was formed to bring together the Family History Community in Rotherham and the surrounding area.
RFHS offers a forum and marketplace, which offers its members the opportunity to meet other like minded people in a friendly atmosphere conducive to the futherment of their Genealogical interests. RFHS also offers a commerce service to create and sell a wide variety of reference products, and offers members unique merchandise across virtually every Family History topic from Census indexes to Old Photographs.
Formed in 1983, RFHS has gone from strength to strength and now has well over 300 local, national and international members.
Rotherham Family History Society is operated and managed by a team of dedicated volunteers who give up their time to provide Society members with the best resources possible for the advancement of their hobby. All on-line services are manned by the same team of people, therefore instant responses to enquiries and orders may not always be possible, please be patient and you will receive a reply as soon as we are able to answer.
Objectives of the Rotherham FHS
The object of the Society is to advance public education in family history and genealogy within the RFHS area of interest. In furtherance of this objective but not otherwise the Society may arrange:
- To provide a forum for members to meet and discuss the study of genealogy and family history.
- To produce a newsletter/journal regularly.
- To arrange a programme of lectures, visits and other activities connected with subjects of interest to the Society.
- To seek out, transcribe, index and wherever possible, publish or make available material relevant to the interest of the Society.
- To provide guidance in family history research and study to those living elsewhere, whose families come from the area.
- To hold and maintain a resource of printed and other works for the use of Society members and, if practicable, to extend this to interested members of the general public.